The KPMG Ideation Challenge (KIC) is a unique experience of a lifetime, designed to stretch your limits and challenge what you think is possible.
You will get to generate a new idea that could change the world, create a prototype and then pitch it to business leaders. Along the way you will work with KPMG member firms’ data scientists, coders, business specialists and tech gurus, who will help bring your idea to life.
If successful, you will get the opportunity to take on teams from the rest of the world in the virtual KIC Global Finals.
Participate now to learn from experts. Work with a dream team. Build a winning pitch. Meet amazing people from around the world. And the further you progress, the more real-world experience you could gain.
What is in it for you?
- A platform to ideate around advanced technology solutions that use data, analytics, robotics, AI within a business context
- Chance to create solutions for real client problems just like KPMG member firms’ professionals across the world and bring your successful business model/prototype to the global finals.
- Opportunity to work in a diverse team and KPMG in India professionals from both technical and business backgrounds providing you critical business acumen and expertise. It is an opportunity built to position you for success!
- Constant coaching and guidance from KPMG in India professionals throughout the course of the competition that would result in development of your solution, your consulting skills and experience of what life is like at KPMG in India
- Learn about the type of work we do and an opportunity to explore a potential career with KPMG in India – A chance to see where your interest and skills may best be suited.
- Win INR4 lakh and prestigious title of ‘Team India’ to participate in international finals with teams from across the globe. Runner up team in India finals to get INR2 Lakh
- Guaranteed internship with KPMG in India for top two teams from national finals
- Opportunity to attend a networking event in Delhi/Gurgaon with leaders from start-ups as well as the industry. Travel and stay sponsored by KPMG in India
- Continuous mentorship by KPMG in India professionals for teams with promising ideas discovered in 2021 KIC and access to platforms for pitching their ideas to Venture Capitalists
- Win cash prize of upto USD6000 (gift cards worth USD1000 per person) for winning the global finals.
How to participate?
Step 1. Take charge (Registration): Get started by understanding the eligibility criteria mentioned on the page below. Gather a team of three members comprising STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics), business backgrounds pursuing a full-time undergraduate/bachelor’s degree/post-graduate programme with at least one year remaining of studies. (One male and female team member in a team is must).
Confirm participation by clicking here and registering your team by sharing required details along with a 90 seconds video introducing each team member in a unique and creative way and clearly stating what makes the team stand-out from other contenders as well as why the team should win this competition.
Step 2. Best teams move ahead (in screening phase): The video submissions by various teams will be screened to identify teams which qualify to participate in the challenge.
Step 3. Let creativity take over and test your mettle (virtual prelims): In this round the qualifying teams will undergo an ‘Ideation Workshop’ and mentoring from KPMG in India’s professionals post which they will be required to ideate and conceptualise in detail their idea/solution for the problem statement and submit a presentation in the designated format. Submissions for this round will be screened by a panel from KPMG in India to identify teams which will proceed to the semi-finals.
Step 4. Enhance your learning curve (virtual semi-finals): Teams shortlisted for the semi-finals will be mentored by professionals from KPMG in India and will present their idea to a KPMG Jury. Winners of semifinals will then proceed to the national finals.
Step 5. We are the best (Virtual national finals): In this round, eligible teams will work closely with KPMG in India professionals and further hone their idea. They will present the finished version of their solution/prototype to a jury of leading professionals and take a shot at winning the title of ‘National Champion’.
Step 6. The ultimate (Virtual global semifinals & finals): This will be an opportunity for the winning team from the India National Finals to compete with teams from different countries, share experiences and learn in an action-packed event. Members of the winning team of the Global Finale will each get a gift card worth USD1000 per person.
Over the course of time, you will have access to some of the sharpest and brightest professionals within KPMG member firms. So, the further you get, the more experience you gain and all virtually.
Interested? Read on.
What are the eligibility criteria?
- KIC will accept a team of three members currently enrolled in a STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) or a business course. The team should comprise of at least one male and one female member
- All team members should be pursuing a full-time undergraduate/bachelor’s degree/post-graduate programme with at least one year remaining of their studies
- To qualify, the Idea/solution should incorporate usage of advanced technologies, data and analytics, cognitive methodologies and should be scalable into a prototype and a business model/case.
Click here to view a roadshow deck pertaining to the KPMG Ideation Challenge.
What is the challenge?
This year we are challenging participants to create an advanced technology solution that helps an organisation or industry of your choice overcome or leverage the impacts of the global pandemic. COVID-19 has been a catalyst for change (both positive and negative, including digital transformation, environmental and societal implications, health care services and remote working) in all types of organisations.
Imagine you are part of a group of innovators looking to help the world grow from this experience. This is your chance to pitch your idea to a venture capitalist in the hope of obtaining funding to take your idea to market.
Here’s how you make that happen:
- Pick a client of your choice, within any industry
- Consider your solution. This could be anything from a business concept, to an activity, model, process, technology or service that helps your client overcome or leverage the impacts of the global pandemic.
Remember, your experience will be shaped by your idea, so expect it to be anything but ordinary.
Got what it takes? Click here to register now!
I have queries. Where can I have them addressed?
Hope all your queries are addressed on this webpage. Additionally, you can write to email@example.com and we will address your query.